Subsea Controls Engineer
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Department:||171401 - Upstream Subsea Engineering - Dennis Seek|
Applies extensive and diversified knowledge of engineering principles and work processes related to subsea control systems. Plans, schedules and coordinates engineering activities on a medium to large project of moderate complexity or assists a more experienced engineer on a very large and/or technically complex project. Work requires knowledge of subsea control systems engineering and technology, sound judgment, independent evaluation, and ability to adapt to, and participate in, development of unique solutions to difficult design challenges. Performs work and makes decisions independently. Travels to project meetings and job sites as necessary. Consults with other experts concerning unusual problems. Suggests, justifies, and implements work process improvements and creative solutions for problems.
Responsible for subsea control systems engineering, procurement, manufacturing, installation & commissioning covering the susbea system and interfaces between all key components including: production trees, subsea controls, subsea equipment and topsides control system.
- Prepares project execution plans and cost estimates
- Oversees, monitors and manages activities for compliance with QAQC and HSSE requirements
- Oversees, monitors and manages activities for compliance with budget and schedule.
- Suggests and implements corrective actions as necessary to achieve expected results.
- Monitors performance and productivity of project assigned engineering resources.
- Keeps project manager well-informed about engineer progress and problems.
- Reviews drawings and other engineering documentation
- Prepares requisitions for purchased equipment.
- Coordinates and interfaces with equipment suppliers.
- Prepares installation, testing and commissioning philosophies
- Oversees fabrication, testing, installation and commissioning activities.
- Reviews and approves technical evaluations of supplier's proposals.
- Works and communicates effectively with customers, vendors, other technical discipline
Should have a Bachelor's degree or Masters of Science in Engineering; business or project management post graduate desirable. Should be a recognized experience in subsea control system engineering from concept through project execution, with a well-developed knowledge of general engineering principles and practices. With strong competencies in project management, engineering, procurement, fabrication, installation & commissioning of subsea control systems.
· 10+ years of related engineering experience
•· Strong ethical & HSSE values
· Excellent written and oral skills.
•· Strong interpersonal skills and team participation. Performance driven
•· Understands project value and business implications of decisions.
· Works and communicates effectively with customers and vendors.
· Effectively manages multiple and conflicting priorities.
•· Understands both the technical and commercial aspects of projects.
· Able to organize, plan, assign and coordinate tasks and projects.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.